11.22.2016

Reindeer Gifts *Shimmerz Paints*

Hello everyone! 

I'm here to share a winter-themed layout that I created using some lovely Shimmerz products!


When I first chose the photo of my two youngest children wearing their Christmas pj's that they received as a gift from their elves' reindeer, I was stumped on how to create a background that looked like a snowy wonderland. I tried a few techniques using some Coloringz and Shimmeringz, but nothing was turning out like I had envisioned in my head. So I ended up grabbing a skein of baker's twine from my stash and wadding it up in my hand so I could use some "Well Blue Me Down" Coloringz spray ink on it to create a background! 


After I spritzed the baker's twine with the Coloringz, I simply stamped it down on my background cardstock and voila! I think it looks like the frosty pattern that ice leaves on glass when it's really cold! 


After the Coloringz dried, I lightly spritzed some "Heavy Metal" Shimmeringz all over my background to add a light gray tone to my page. Then I used some "Tutti Frutti" Dazzlerz Texture Paste and a star stencil to add some more dimension and texture to my layout. I love the soft pink tones of the Dazzlerz paste and how it coordinates with the pink doily I used on my layout.


I had a couple of tree shapes that I cut out of white cardstock using my Silhouette that I sprayed with "A Shade Of Gray" and "Well Blue Me Down" Coloringz to match the colors in the patterned paper I chose to use.


Shimmerz Paints Used: Dazzlerz - Tutti Frutti; Shimmeringz - Heavy Metal; Coloringz - Well Blue Me Down, A Shade of Gray

If you get stumped or are wanting to use a new technique on a project, just look around your craft space and think outside of the box like I did with the baker's twine! I hope I've inspired you to try something new...thanks so much for joining me and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment